Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2017

In Memory


I last saw my aunt kathy on christmas eve. She was weak and tired, but she still laughed along with us as we told stories, still handed out wrapped gifts to our girls, still caught carrington when she leaped off the stairs into her arms for a hug. So classic aunt kathy. And she wouldn't have missed christmas eve for the world. It was always her holiday... my memory is filled with childhood christmas eves at her house, decorating gingerbread houses and singing carols. She loved parties and kids (most especially her own two girls) and making the most out of life. It wasn't easy for her, but she made it to my cousin's wedding in early november and, I'm not kidding, SHE was swinging all of US across the dance floor.
She passed away on New Year's Eve after a remarkable four year fight against cancer. Yesterday my family celebrated her life and I couldn't be there and I'm really, really pissed off at the snow. It's hard to be far away from family, but especially at times like these.
So long, for now. <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment