Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thoughts for Thursday

This is my first Thoughts for Thursday link up! I personally love reading more of the real-life, what's going on, what am I thinking about posts, so I thought it would be fun to try. 

-- Did anyone else read this dating profile a dying wife wrote for her husband? Turns out she's a celebrated author and one of her books is "Uni the Unicorn" which I know is quite popular, and we often read when we go to the bookstore. I think I may need to buy it now to support this sweet family. Grab a tissue and hug your loved ones.

--Continuing with the theme of "tears," ...let's talk about This Is Us. I know you're watching it. I am too. So are all of our friends. And it is tearing our hearts apart episode by episode. Can we just know how Jack dies already?!?! This delayed suspense is killing me, and I know I'm going to be a sobbing mess, so let's get this over with, shall we?

--Moving on to much lighter topics, and one of my personal favorites: clothes. I went in Loft last week during their 40% sale (plus Loft cash - yikes!) and picked up a light blush colored blouse with flouncy bell sleeves, comfy drawstring waist shorts in an army green color, and a minty colored long sleeve blouse. I already wore the blush top to the office on Wednesday (every other week I go into the office for an afternoon and I dress like I'm going to the prom, because every other day it's yoga pants or maternity leggings). 

--I've been trying a bunch of new recipes lately. I know in my weekend post, I linked the Deconstructed Stuffed Cabbage Bowl that I made last week -- my favorite part is that it's a one pot meal. I just love that. If anyone has any suggestions for other good one pot meals (not crockpot, but just toss it all in one Dutch Oven or something), I'd love to hear them!

--I just realized that I'm coming up on my 100th post. Over 7 years (insert laugh-cry emoji here). I shudder to think about what that first post says. ;)

Happy pretty-much-Friday, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment