Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Life Lately

Oh boy... it's been a doozy around here for the past couple of weeks. After two stomach bugs, an emergency eye doctor visit, and an epic toddler meltdown (our first in public - that was interesting!) followed by an epic pregnant mommy meltdown, I think it's safe to say we have turned a corner. :) YAY!

I won't go back so far as to recap our Valentine's Day weekend since it seems so far behind us now, but I will share this picture. We have taken the same photo with Carrie and our pup every year since C was born on Valentine's Day and it's so. crazy. to see how much she's grown. Look how big she is on my lap! Layla, on the other hand, doesn't age. ;) 


On President's Day C came down with a fierce stomach bug just in time for us to be rushing to an emergency eye doctor appointment because I had suddenly lost most of my vision in my left eye. Steve and I were worried about physical eye problems, as well as potential pregnancy complications, so we made an emergency appointment and in the car on the way C began to lose her breakfast. And anything else she had in her stomach. Yikes. I felt so terrible for dragging her out when she clearly needed to be home! The good news is, my eyes are fine and so is the baby. The doctor thinks I experienced an Ocular aka "Silent" Migraine.



C was feeling like herself by Tuesday evening and the week was going along normally until I got hit with stomach bug symptoms Friday night. I was supposed to leave for one of my dear friend's bachelorette parties the next day, and after being up all night I had to call and cancel. :( Winter germs... you can go away! Thanks. 

By Sunday I felt so much better and the weather was unseasonably warm, so we were able to sneak C out to the park, which felt amazing! Does anyone else feel like they just become a better, happier version of themselves when it's warm out and you're able to get out in the world? I can't wait until this is our every day! 

Yesterday we had our 20 week ultrasound and doctor appointment for our sweet littlest, and she received an A+ report card -- everything looks perfect! As usual, she was moving like crazy and her little hands were balled up by her face. We love her so much already. I plan to post a 20 week pregnancy update this week... I can't believe we're more than halfway there! 

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear C is feeling better and the doctor’s visit went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a long winter of germs over here so I'm praying it stays that way. :) Happy almost Thursday!

      Delete
  2. What an eventful few weeks for you! I'm glad to hear that there was nothing wrong with your eye because that sounded quite scary. But it's a shame that the sickness had to come right before a bachelorette party - what a shame. Hopefully everything will turn around with some nice warm weather - good luck!

    ReplyDelete