Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Five on Friday!

Hello, Friday... always nice to see you. It's been sort of a weird week over here. Steve has been getting home from work late most nights (except last night and were able to go try one of the new restaurants around us that we've been wanting to try!) and C and I have kind of laid low. I am just so over all of the sickness going around so I gave us a week off from all of the play dates, play gyms, etc. in hopes that the germs will stay away. We did hit up library story time on Monday and have gotten out to a few stores but other than that, we've played a lot of dollhouse. :) 

So here's what's up for this week's linkup with April and some other lovely people!

1. Easter Baskets!

C's easter baskets (yeah... there are three this year... shameful, but there are really just small things in each, they just didn't all fit into one so...) are ready to go and hiding in my the Easter Bunny's closet. :) Two of the baskets themselves were gifted and I got one a couple of years ago from Homegoods. This year we went with one "larger" gift (a Buzz Lightyear doll - girlfriend has just been too obsessed and there was a good sale at the Disney Store) and I filled the rest with mostly goodies from Target's Dollar Spot. We've got: a stuffed bunny, Llama Llama Easter Egg, a watering pail, sweet little bunny hair clips, and a few eggs which I'll sprinkle some jellybeans and crackers in. Pictures to come!

2. Remembering Charlotte

One of my very favorite things about the work that I do is that sometimes a client comes along that really moves me (and everyone else I work with). I've been working with the Bacon family for several months now to promote not only their two books, Good Dogs, Great Listeners and The Dogs of Newtown, but also their foundation: Charlotte's Litter. The Bacons lost their sweet daughter, Charlotte, in the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in 2012. Since then, they have turned unimaginable grief into a positive way to extend help and support to others -- all in Charlotte's name. It's a project that's very close to my heart. You can read the most recent article about them on Woman'sDay.com here, and if you feel so inclined to check out their books, proceeds go to support Charlotte's Litter. 

 




3. Cravings

Pregnancy is so strange. I usually much prefer salty/savory over sweet, but as with my pregnancy with Carrington, I'm craving all of the sweet things. Fruit (especially juicy berries, yum), candy, ice cream, chocolate, you name it. Those types of foods and gestational diabetes (should I have it again this time, which, fingers crossed I do not) don't usually pair well together ;) so I've been trying to be good. But it's hard!

4. Recent Beauty Buys

Lately I've run out of a few items in my typical "beauty routine" so I've tried out a couple of new products. I'm really loving this night mask for a fresh, renewed glow in the morning (and a price point that won't break the bank), this moisturizer that is lightweight, has SPF, and can be found at your local drug store, this lip gloss for the perfect pink color (I'm pretty loyal to Bobbi Brown products - they haven't disappointed me yet!), and this foundation for a fresh face. What I am not loving so much are the mascaras I have been trying: this one and this one just didn't seem to do the trick. What mascara do you use and love? 

5. This


And with that, have a happy, healthy, and safe weekend, friends! xo

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on getting the basket(s) done early! I love number 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels good that they're ready to go. :) Have a great weekend!

      Delete