Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Confessional Thursday


Thursday again?! I can't keep up. I go between wanting time to slow down (when I look at the big picture) and loving that the weeks fly (when I'm looking forward to the weekend!). In any case, here we are, so let's jump into a few short confessions! 

-We attempted potty training on Monday. And let's just say... it didn't go as planned. I studied my book, even wrote out a list of reminders for myself, barely slept the night before (don't ask me why) and nothing went the way I had expected. So you know what I did? I gave up. I was feeling down about it and then I realized 1. C is still young 2. Everything goes better when not forced 3. We needed to get out and enjoy ourselves this week instead of being cooped up naked at home. Haha! So, when it feels right again, we'll give it another go.

-C requested a pony tail this morning which she NEVER does, and I realized quickly just how inept I am at doing hair. Now that I'm a full-fledged girl mom, I should probably up my game a little. ;)

-We are looking at moving within the next six months and I have been STALKING houses like a mad woman. It's actually become compulsive - I check the apps and real estate sites many, many times a day. It's just how I am when I know something's on the horizon. Such a planner. Tireless. I need to calm down.

-I have this bad habit and always have of furrowing my brow when I'm thinking/concentrating and now that I'm nearing thirty, I have the fine lines to prove it - sigh. And guess who else has a furrowed brow? My daughter! It's so crazy how we pass down so much to our littles. Sorry Miss C!

-I am on my second bag of starburst jellybeans. The second bag I swore I would not open until Easter. It's opened and I am popping those little suckers left and right. Perks of pregnancy... right? Right.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! May your day be full of luck & laughter!

6 comments:

  1. Ah! I am the same way with looking at houses except moving is not on the horizon for us haha. If we were to find the perfect house, sure..maybe. But right now, theres no move in our immediate future! I can't help but obsess though. maybe I should have been a real estate agent! Haha good luck in your house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha so glad you understand, and I have totally thought the same thing about being a real estate agent! Maybe it would get some of that out of our systems! My agent just set us up on the MLS thing that sends an alert every time there's something new on the market and I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Did you get the original Starburst Jellybeans? I got the tropical and they aren't as good as the original. I want to buy a new house too. We look all the time in hopes something good comes up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get the originals - I've made the SAME mistake with the tropicals and you're right, they just aren't as good. The only other bag that's worth trying is the "all pinks/reds" bag. It's really sad that I have such knowledge of Starburst Jellybeans. At least this is the last holiday for a while that revolves around candy - thank God! Happy Thurs. :)

      Delete
    2. I saw the all reds and should have gotten that one. Bummer. I love jelly beans so I should probably avoid the store. Haha

      Delete