Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Turning a New Leaf

Lovelies - doesn't it feel like fall?! It sure does where I live. It's sweatshirt and Uggs weather for sure, and I'm pretty happy about it.

I went to Target yesterday to pick up a prescription, and of course wandered through the clothing and shoes (of course!). I picked up these two numbers... totally different, and love them both equally:




In other news... as fall officially begins, I've decided it's time to "turn a new leaf." Yes, I'm getting cheesy with the autumn references. But I've decided it's really time to get in shape again. Once upon a time, I ran every day, could wear whatever I wanted, and never had to worry about a muffin top. But during that time in my life, I was unhappy in a lot of other ways and going through a breakup as well as the death of someone close to me. I think, as the years have progressed, I have associated being thin with being unhappy. And I just don't feel that way anymore... I feel happy, excited, content, comfortable, blessed... all feelings that (so far!) haven't been good for the waistline! ;) 

So after taking a good look at myself in the mirror the other day, I've decided not only to change the way I eat and work out, but to change the way I think. I want to associate being fit and in great shape with part of my happy world. I've been sort of ignoring the fact that I'm not 100% happy with my body, but I realized the other day that if I don't make some changes, then my body will never change either. So I ran out to Target and picked up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, plus some Slimfast Bars and Shakes to get me started. I won't continue eating these forever, but am hoping they just kind of give me a jump start. And let me tell you... the 30 Day Shred is no joke! I did the first workout yesterday and was pouring sweat and am feeling it today. Exciting!! 

Here's to turning a new leaf this fall. :)

xo, Jen

4 comments:

  1. Ha. I love the "turn a new leaf" reference. :) And good for you! (I say this as I finish eating my cheesy, buttery, so-not-good-for-you bowl of popcorn from a bag. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you!! That is my typical snack..I'm a popcorn addict. These Slim Fast shakes taste like vanilla chalk and don't really compare. :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks!! :) They're still available at Target, I'm pretty sure. Gotta love that store!

      Delete