Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the momma's out there! You all deserve to sleep in a little, put your feet up, enjoy your favorite things, and of course your favorite (little) people. :)

 I had a wonderful first Mother's Day weekend. It kicked off on Saturday with a delivery of 24 beautiful roses, lunch and shopping with one of my besties and my sweet mini. On Saturday Steve, Carrington, and I went to visit Johnson's Farm, which is an adorable little farmer's market and nursery near us. We browsed the market goodies, strolled through the flowers, and ate lunch (including apple cider smoothies...um, YUM) outside. Later, Carrie and I took a nap together. After she went to sleep, Steve and I rented We're The Millers for the second time. That movie is hilarious! 

Today I woke up to two cards (one from Steve and C, one from our puppy), and we met our moms for lunch halfway between our homes. It was such a perfectly beautiful day, and I soaked up every minute. My mom is truly the strongest, most selfless, most loving person I have ever known, and I am grateful for her beyond words. Love you, momma!

And to the little girl who made me a mother...


Dear Carrington,

The moment I knew you were coming, I became your mother. I worried, and hoped, and wrote, and thought, and dreamed, and cut out caffeine, and cut out hot dogs (probably for the best!), and added more vitamins, milk, fruits, and veggies. I recorded every moment and cherished every movement. From the very moment I knew you existed, when you were still microscopic, I adored you. 

The moment you were born, is a minute that stands still in time, that is on "pause" in my mind. 10:26 a.m. If the rest of my life becomes a blur, the exact minute you were born into the world and I heard them announce the time and your daddy say "She's here, she's beautiful, she has your ears," will always be clear. 

You, with blue eyes like the sea, like the sky, like your great-grandmother's, and your rosy cheeks (so very kissable), and your fuzzy head, and your gummy smile - you are the one who made me "momma." You have made all of my biggest and best dreams come true. And I love you somethin' awful, Carrington Elle. I always will.

All my love,
Momma


xoxo, Jen 


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really nice first Mothers Day! And your letter to Carrington is just the sweetest! Glad I found your blog :)

    Jenna
    http://thesuburbanmrs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna - it was a great day! :) Glad you stopped by... have a great week!!

      Delete
  2. Happy first Mother's Day! Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! :) We had a fun weekend, for sure. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy first Mother's Day!!! Love your blog, your daughter is so sweet & love her name!!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley... thank you so much! Hope you had a fabulous Momma's Day, too. :) So glad you stopped by!

      Delete