Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tuesday Musings


Happy Tuesday! I hope it's sunny where you are. :) We are experiencing some GORGEOUS Spring weather this week and I can't tell you how happy it makes me! I was actually planning on starting to potty train C this week but that requires us to stay indoors for a few days straight and I knew there was just no way that was happening this week... I want to do all of the outdoor things with her!

Just some random thoughts and happenings for this Tuesday:

My mom is having the first of two cataract surgeries on her eyes this morning. If you say a prayer or could send some positive vibes into the universe for her, I'd be so grateful.

Gymboree is having a great sale today: 50% off everything online! Their Spring stuff is absolutely to-die for and the sale brings the prices down to numbers I can justify. Especially if you have another coupon to layer on top. :) How adorable is this tiniest seahorse onesie for baby #2 and this seersucker dress for Miss C? 

This is a totally vain thought and not one that I take seriously at all but wouldn't it be nice to have a second wedding shower around your 5 year anniversary? I feel like that's when you get tired of all of your original decor and your appliances/accessories start to break {insert laughing crying emoji}. Our Keurig has seen better days, many of our smaller appliances (colanders, measuring cups, etc.) could use replacing, our blender just broke, and I am pretty sick of our bedroom comforter/decor. But of course, this also happens to be when many people are having children and home owners and can't necessarily afford to just keep replacing everything! I'm not a fan of the phrase "first world problems" but this is one if I've ever heard one and it's shameful. 

We had a really nice little weekend! On Saturday we had C's dance class and then I headed out around 11:30 for a birthday lunch/pottery painting for a friend's birthday. Of course, I got a picture of dance class but none of the girls' lunch. ;) Sunday was my mother in law's birthday so my in-laws came over for the day. They spent the afternoon playing with Carrie and Steve and I go to sneak out for a nearby open house, which was fun. Steve had put a Louisiana Roast in the crockpot so we had that with red potatoes for dinner and finished off the evening with some ice cream cake. :) 

Can you spot C in her blue Elsa tutu among a sea of pink?

Helping grammy make a birthday wish!

They see her rollin, they hatin... 


Sunday night I was feeling stressed about work + mommyhood + balancing it all and had a long impromptu conversation with Steve. You know you've married the right person and your best friend when they can just put it all in perspective for you. I began this week with a clear head and a positive attitude and I really have him to thank for that. Love that boy. 

And that wraps up the randomness for today. Enjoy your day, friends!

2 comments:

  1. No shame on the wanting another wedding shower. I feel that way sometimes too. When you have children it is harder to replace all the items that break or wear down. And thanks for the heads up on the Gymboree sale. I need some cardigans for the girls Easter dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad you understand! It's so true. There are just 100 things that are worn down and ready to be replaced - I'm like, anyone want to throw a second hurrah for us? ;) Gymboree will definitely have some cute cardigans! Happy shopping!

      Delete