Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Dinner

I'm always looking for new recipes to try, and my favorites are the somewhat simple recipes with realistic preparation and reasonable ingredients. Unless I have all the time in the world, I'm not going to tackle a recipe with 25 ingredients and takes 3 hours to prepare. I was reading the latest issue of People this weekend and found a delicious-looking pasta recipe that stopped me in my tracks: Pasta with Chilis.

I had all the ingredients already except for the jalepeno and Gruyere cheese, but in the name of ease I decided to substitute the jalepeno for red pepper flakes. It added the same heat and was just super easy (are you sensing a theme here?). :) I picked up the cheese at Target.

Cooking in our little kitchen. Someday it will be gourmet... someday ;)

First, grate the cheese and set aside other ingredients (garlic, olive oil, peppers or red pepper flakes, and cheese)

Boil water, then cook pasta as directed. Drain and set aside cooked pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water

While your dog licks any stray cheese off the floor, saute garlic and peppers in 2 tbsp olive oil for 2 minutes, then add cooked pasta, water, 2 more tbsp olive oil, and cheese, cook on high and stir constantly until cheese is melted

And voila! 

Cheesy goodness... definitely will be making this again!


And, another random note, I tried the trendy "sparkle nail" today. I'm jealous of everybody who can do their nails like they're artists. Mine came out like this:

I think I may need more glitter? But at least I tried. 


Hope you had a great weekend - what did you have for Sunday dinner?

xo, Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment