Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Is It Really July?!

How is it July already?! It feels like the summer is just flying by.

I must admit, I love this month. The Fourth of July is always the signal to me that summer is officially in full-swing. Then only five days later is... my birthday! Who doesn't love their birthday month? :)

Some other things I love about this month {and summer in general} are: 
  • Taking long walks with the hubby and puppy in shorts, flip flops, and a tank top...and running through all the sprinklers along the way {how old are we?} 
  • Barbecues! Even though I'm not a big meat eater myself, I just love the concept of barbecues... a great excuse to get together with friends and family. Plus, the smell is always divine. ;)
  • Fireworks. Even once The Fourth is over, you still see fireworks from time to time, and they are a surefire sign that summer is here. 
  • Water, water, water... whether it's laying out by the pool, going out on a boat, or swimming in the ocean... love being by the water in the summertime.
  • The more laid-back attitude that everybody seems to have. Work is a little more relaxed, school's out for the summer, people are enjoying vacations... ahhhh

Anyway, so far July has been busy but fun. On July 1st we held a bridal shower for one of my dear friends {Hey, Becky!} who is getting married in September. Her colors are purple and cream, so we tried to subtly tie them in throughout the shower... although the main focus was on great food and drinks. It was a fun afternoon!

The bride {on the left in orange} mingling

The bride-to-be and her niece, Victoria

Tying on the infamous bow hat

Dress-Forever 21, Necklace-Charming Charlie...Whole Outfit = $45! 

The dessert table...yummm


In other news, Steve ordered the bag I have been lusting over from Tory Burch for my birthday, and since he ordered on July 4th, it was discounted 20%! SCORE! 

Perfect for every season... love her!


I also caved and bought an iPhone since my Blackberry finally croaked. Now I'm trying to find a cute case... any suggestions? I'm looking at this one:



Hope everyone is enjoying July so far! 

xo, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment