Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

To My Husband

This is just a Wednesday post about my husband, and why he's a keeper... which explains why I've held onto him for so long. :) 

  • Every morning, S packs up my laptop, planner, and work notebooks in my work bag for me so I can easily head out the door. He does this quietly and like clockwork. 
  • When someone compliments Layla (our golden retriever, if you've forgotten) saying that she's beautiful or sweet, S lights up like a proud father. 
  • S does the best impressions... of people, but also of certain sounds. He gets them all spot on, and it cracks me up every time.
  • He will stop on the sidewalk and save a worm, a beetle, you name it. He hates to see any little living thing struggle. It's sweet to see a man help something so small.
  • He cherishes our daily walks (we do sound like we're 80, don't we?!) as much as I do and always makes time for them. 
  • S will always back me up. This is different than always giving me my way or telling me I'm right (he doesn't do that, and it's probably good), but I know that when it comes down to it, he's always in my corner.
  • He still opens my car door. Almost 10 years later. It's the little things. 
  • He tells me daily how proud of me he is, and celebrates my victories more than I do.
  • S talks about what kind of dad he wants to be, and I just know he'll be the best. It melts me to think about.
  • He is always silly with me. There is a lot of laughing and tackling in our house. 

These are just a few of the reasons why I love my hubs. What better day than a Wednesday to take a little time to appreciate them?


xo, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment