Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Daze

Yes, of course I had to use the cheesy play on words ("summer daze")! But seriously... where has this summer gone? How are we halfway through August? 

August took on a whole different meaning about ten years ago. It was always back-to-school shopping madness and butterflies in your stomach, and all that mattered was who would be in your homeroom. Ah, those were the days. ;) I don't care that I'm a full-fledged "adult" (I put that in quotations because, really, when do we ever feel grown up?) with a full-time job... I still crave notebooks and pens and new clothes. And I don't think we should ever have to give that up. :)

Anyway. Enough ranting and reminiscing. In the past couple of weeks, S and I have been trying to enjoy every minute of summer that we possibly can. And now that he's finished with the Bar (YAY!), we were able to go to possibly my favorite place on the planet. 

Stone Harbor.



The first stop was Springers Icecream (obviously).




We then proceeded to lay on the beach all. afternoon. 






Next up, it was Quahogs for dinner... the hole-in-the-wall looking crabshack that is ah-mazing.



It was a perfect beach day. The epitome of summer.


And although I'm not quite ready to give up summer, I am looking forward to fall. In fact, I've already got my eye on some must-haves for the season. Maybe that post will be next, if I ever remember. Ohhh blogging. 


xo, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment