Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Our *Snow Filled* Weekend

Hey there! Happy Monday! Another weekend come and gone and this one was one of those that didn't go quite as planned, but ended up good all in all anyway. I'm not sure why I was the only one who wasn't in on the fact that we were getting a lot of snow on Saturday -- I guess I need to check my weather app more often! ;) 

My last post was about the passing of my Aunt Kathy on New Year's Eve, and I was to attend her "celebration of life service" on Saturday about 2 hours away. I woke up, got ready (I mean, I blew out my hair -- that never happens), picked out a colorful top as she had requested we all wear happy colors and not black (so her), kissed Steve and the girls goodbye and started off. About 25 minutes and 6 spun out cars later, I decided to turn around. It just felt too precarious. It's funny, when you're a mom, those little risks just don't seem worth it anymore -- I knew I had to get home safely to my babies. My in-laws had made their way up before the storm got bad and were visiting when I arrived back home. It was good to be warm in the house and to hang out with everyone, but honestly, I was just so bummed to miss the service and not to be there with my family supporting them. But - that's life! 

So instead, I started tackling what feels like the monumental task of taking down Christmas (and replacing with Valentine's Day!), we bundled up and went outside in the snow for a while, and made breakfast for dinner. 



On Sunday the roads were much better so Steve suggested we head home to celebrate my brother's birthday (happy 34th today, Matt!) with a simple pizza and cake. It worked out perfectly. We got to visit, the kids got to play, and then we headed back home.




Hope everyone stayed warm, safe, & mostly dry this weekend! Be back tomorrow with a late 2016 year in review and 2017 goals (which, I must say, I've already started on -- big ol' pats on the back for me. ha!). 

2 comments: