Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

5 Month Update

I can't believe it's been 5 months since I delivered this little peanut. Where is the time going, and can it please slow down?


Weight: Not sure, but I'd say definitely over 15 lbs.

Length: She was 23 3/4 inches at her 4 month appt., so I'm guessing she's grown a bit

Health: Still great... yay!

Sleep: Still sleeping 11 or 12 hours, typically 7:45pm - 7am. We started unswaddling her arms since she's rolling constantly now, and while she has a little harder of a time falling asleep, she's doing pretty well with it so far. Fingers crossed that we are past the 4 month sleep regression threat... I was so worried about that!

Social: Still busy as ever! We've had a good amount of visitors to the house, including both sets of grandparents, gone to may lunches, traveled home for a family get-together, and finished up our mommy/baby yoga classes. I'm thinking things are only going to get busier with summer around the corner.

Diet: Still doing great with Alimentum. She is so fascinated when we eat. I can't wait to let her taste her first "real" food in a month!

Clothes: Still rocking 6 months -- you can tell that a few outfits are getting snug. Ack!

Baby Gear: We added the Fisherprice Rainforest Jumperoo to the many pieces of baby gear in our living room. She's liking it so far (for short periods of time).

Crying: Cries when super hungry (we try not to let it get to that point) and super tired. She is going through a screaming/shrieking phase that is pretty tough on the ear drums. ;)

Likes: Still singing, reaching for and grabbing whatever's in sight (and then promptly shoving it into her mouth), walks, and rolling... especially from back to belly.

Dislikes: I think she's teething so she's most unhappy when she can't shove something into her mouth... poor bub.

Postpartum: Feeling good. :) Still not as "in shape" for summer as I'd like to be, but I'm feeling a little better about that. I recently had a baby... I think I get a pass this year.

Milestones: Rolls from back to belly constantly, is starting to sit unassisted (not for very long yet), more interactive and interested in her surroundings than ever!

Happy five months in the world, my sweet girl! You are learning and growing so much everyday, and daddy and I couldn't be more proud of you. We look forward to waking up to your big smiles every morning. You are such an easy-going girl (for the most part), and so determined to move, grab, do. Your giggles are my favorite sound in the world, I love kissing your sweet pudgy cheeks, and I can't wait to see what this next month brings us. Love you, always!

xoxo, Jen

2 comments:

  1. Happy five months to your little sweetie! Isn't it so much fun when they start taking more of an interest in their surroundings??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It is SO much fun.. I can see why, as they grow, each new age becomes the "favorite." They're learning all of the time!

      Delete