Pages

Friday, February 12, 2016

Five on Friday!

[one] it's a....  GIRL! 

We found out about a week and a half ago that we are expecting another sweet baby GIRL! Last weekend we did a low-key gender reveal for a small group of family and friends who were already gathered to celebrate Steve's 30th birthday. Did you guys know that Krispy Kreme makes gender reveal donuts?! Well, they do, and they were amazing! It was so much fun and I'm so glad the secret is out now so we can openly say "she" and "her!" Still working on a name. :)



[two] birthday celebrations

As mentioned above, also over the weekend, my husband turned THIRTY. We kicked the weekend celebrations off with a sudden broken refrigerator ;) but by Sunday we had a brand new one installed in its place. 

I didn't want to do anything too over the top for Steve because he's just not that guy -- I knew that he'd truly prefer to eat a good burger and spend time with his family (I love him). So, that's exactly what we did! On Saturday we had about 15 people join us for dinner at one of Steve's favorite restaurants and everyone came back to the house for cake, coffee, and gender reveal donuts afterward. On Sunday, his actual birthday, we did a lot of relaxing and Carrie gave her daddy a 3 hour nap as his gift (best gift ever!). We then headed out for another yummy dinner at Steve's absolute favorite burger place. All in all, a great weekend!


My mom also had a birthday mid-week this week and we will be celebrating her tomorrow with more cake and more family time -- two things I happen to enjoy immensely. My mom is truly so much of my heart and I always look forward to spending time together.

[three] TV binges

We got Netflix about 2 months ago now and I have already gone through all three seasons of Orange is the New Black (season 4 coming in June!) AND just finished season one of Parenthood. I know I am so behind the times on both shows but they are both so good (and SO different, ha). I've enjoyed diving into something other than reality TV - it's kind of like having a good book in the winter. :) Can't wait for Fuller House -- I definitely teared up during the promo. Any other good shows I should add to my "to watch" list?




[four] potty training

I think I mentioned this before but we are - I think - ready to potty train C. Well, she's more ready than I am if I'm being honest. ;) She's been showing so many signs lately, the latest of which is stripping off her clothing and diaper in her crib during naptime. Yesterday when I went to get her, her little nakey self pointed to her diaper and said "no more diaper, big girl underwear." Well, ok then. If you have tips, experiences, recommendations - PLEASE SHARE. I am pretty much clueless in this department! 

[five] happy valentine's day!

To be honest, we have just about zero plans for Valentine's Day... and I don't mind! I got Steve some chocolate and might have dropped some hints about a candy or two that I've been craving. ;) Ahhh, being pregnant over Valentine's Day. I plan to make heart shaped pancakes and then we'll all spend the day together. Do you have fun plans this weekend?

TGIF! xo

1 comment: