Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

21 Weeks!


I can't believe we're already more than halfway through this pregnancy! I knew it would go fast with a toddler to chase, but I never dreamed it would go this fast. Despite its sometimes strange symptoms, occasional burst of hormones, etc. -- I actually really love pregnancy and hope the second half takes its time so I can soak it in. I'm sure, in the heat of late June/early July, I'll be singing a different tune. ;) 

Here's the update for 21 weeks!

How far along? 21 weeks + 1 day (exactly 21 weeks in the photo above)

Size of the baby? About 10.5 inches long and 12 oz. (the size of a carrot or banana)

Gender? GIRL :)

Showing? Sure am!

Maternity Clothes? Absolutely rocking the maternity pants. Still wearing almost all "regular" tops. I've decided that maternity leggings are just about the best invention ever.

Sleep? Better than it had been! No longer waking up to use the bathroom at night and ever since we turned on the fan in the bedroom I've been sleeping more soundly... I must have been getting overheated.

Movement? Yes, and this week Steve saw and felt the kicks for the first time. Love that!

Food Cravings? Apples, berries, cereal (and Starburst jellybeans but I don't think I can blame that on pregnancy ;)).

Anything making you sick? Nope

Wedding rings on or off? On

Mood? Happy, excited

Best moment this week? Getting an A+ report card for our little bean at our anatomy scan last Monday and getting to see her in action for 45 minutes. :) Oh, and also going through C's old newborn - 3 month clothing to sort out what we can use for this little girl! My urge to nest is already strong.

Challenges/strange moments? I had to make an emergency eye doctor appointment after experiencing an ocular/silent migraine (which I had never experienced before) -- all of the sudden I started getting blurry spots and auras in my left eye. It went away after about a half an hour.

Looking forward to? Figuring out our plan for a house so I can start to really dream up a nursery. Like I said... all about the nesting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment