Pages

Friday, January 27, 2017

Let Me Remember

Oh, hi! I'm already failing miserably on my goal to actually post here in this little space, but I'm determined not to let the craziness of life and infrequency of posting deter me. I have about 10 drafts sitting around, half written, including a 2016 recap post that will probably have to be rolled into a 2017 recap post at this point (insert laughing-crying emoji here). ;) 

I shared the below on my personal Facebook page earlier this evening and wanted to share here, also, as I'm sure many of you who have kids (or the two people who might see this) can relate. I love watching Carrie grow, but sometimes I'm terrified I'll forget all of the tiny details of this stage of life, which I'm so enjoying. 

.....................................

let me never forget the mischief in her blue eyes, the way she acts out movie scenes, the sound of her running across the floor as fast as her little legs will take her, her little outie belly button, all of the words she says incorrectly but more adorably than i could ever dream up, the way her golden curls smell when she sits on my lap to read, her hand dimples. good lord, the hand dimples. 

le
t me never take for granted that i'm the person she reflexively reaches for when she's hurt, that i'm the one she chooses to play the lead in her make believe worlds, that i am the one graced with the title "my best friend princess mommy." the honor of my life.

and that's just the oldest girl. ohhhh yes, i am in trouble with these daughters of mine.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment