Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Hello, 2017

Happy Thursday, and Happy New Year! 

It has been about 9 months since I last blogged. The last time I hit "publish" on a post, I was pregnant with our second baby girl, in the thick of working (a lot) from home, and raising a 2.5 year old. I've been a spotty blogger, at best, over the last six (!!!) years and yet each year I set the same goal: blog more. 

If you already know me personally, the reasons that I aspire to blog more will probably be obvious to you: I love writing, I love sharing, I love inspiring and being inspired, and I love connecting with people. Blogging is such a natural fit for me. And, if you know me personally, the reasons I seem to fail miserably at blogging regularly are also probably obvious: I'm a mom to two little ones, when I'm not parenting (aka nap time and bed time), I'm busy working from home, and I have a tendency to start things, or want to start them, and not finish them. I bet you can already guess what one of my goals is for 2017! ;)

I've realized that one of the biggest reasons I don't stick with blogging, as much as I really really want to, is that I have this idea of what a blog post should look like. Perfectly curated with high-quality photos and recent happenings, all appropriately linked up, following some type of "theme" (fashion blog, mommy blog, decor blog, etc.). So instead of opening my laptop and just beginning, typing away about all of the things I want to share, I sit there for way too long thinking about how a post SHOULD look and - surprise! - I never even begin.

So this year, in the very thick of parenting two littles (Carrie is 3 and Hadley is 6 months tomorrow, if you wondered), trying to balance my WAHM role (I'm a book publicist, if you wondered), and enjoying all of the other things I love most in life: my marriage, my family, my friendships, fashion finds, decorating our new (to us) house, and more... I'm going to try so hard to carve out that time for blogging that I crave. I hope what I share here resonates or inspires some of you. We're all in this together, after all! 

Look for a belated 2016 wrap up soon, as well as what I hope 2017 holds. :)


2 comments:

  1. Found you through the thoughts for thursday link up! Excited to follow along! Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Lindsay, thanks for stopping by! Look forward to connecting more in 2017. :)

      Delete