Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Fresh Start



Happy (belated) New Year! I can't believe that another year has passed and now we're already halfway through January. 

So, let's jump right to it! Why a blog? Well, it's something I've always wanted to do. And, in fact, I've attempted to blog every single year for about 5 years now (you can scroll back through some of my embarrassing posts -- but please don't!). Blogging is sort of a natural fit for me. I've kept a journal consistently since I was in third grade, though I'm down to writing about once a month now. Writing, planning, documenting, sharing what I love and seeing what other people love: it's all perfectly in my nature. 

Now, being pregnant with our second child, I truly want to commit to a space where I can share our lives, both with family and friends who might be interested (or live far away), and also for me to look back on someday. In addition to documenting the every day stuff, I hope to explore and share some of the other things that make me happy: food, travel, home, shopping, some of my work, and words that inspire me. But definitely expect a lot of thoughts about motherhood, some deeper stuff, and, yes, belly photos. If that's not your cup of tea I understand completely. :)

So, to start off, I thought I'd share a few goals for 2016. What are yours?

1. Start a blog and post consistently: half a checkmark already!
2. Work smarter, not harder: the truth is, I already work really hard -- but not always really smart.
3. De-clutter: we will be moving sometime this year, and de-cluttering now will only help with that process when the time comes. It will also be beneficial for my sanity!
4. Give back: volunteering is something that's important to me, and when life gets busy with kids and other things it's easy to let this go. I'd love to teach C the value of helping others from an early age.
5. Prioritize myself, too: guys - I'm getting greys. I put on a few pounds prior to getting pregnant and I can't remember the last time I treated myself to a pedicure. I'd like to focus on taking care of myself a bit more this year.
6. Get financially fit: I like to think that we're already pretty financially responsible but I'd like to organize and tighten up some areas: you know, college funds, retirement plans, life insurance, all of that boring but necessary stuff.
7. Take a trip -- or two or three: with the financial thing said, I think saving up for a couple of trips where memories are made and experiences are had is a solid investment.
8. Try something new: maybe a cooking class, maybe submitting an article somewhere to be published, if something interesting pops up I want to go for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment