Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Five On Friday

Happy Friday! It's been a long week here. C came down with a cold on Monday and I followed shortly after. Of course (and thankfully), it hit me harder than it hit her as usually seems to be the case. Being pregnant + chasing after a toddler + being under the weather does not a fun combination make! But we all seem to be doing a bit better now and hopefully a relaxing, restful weekend will wipe it out completely. :)

Today I'm linking up for Five on Friday -- this is, apparently, a Carrington Elle edition! 


[ONE] This past Saturday C had her first "All by Myself" dance class! We had done two 6-week sessions of "Mommy and Me" dance prior to this class, and then the dance instructor emailed me and asked if we'd be interested in trying the "All by Myself" class since C was old enough and seemed to be doing well. I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed as I actually love attending the class with her and witnessing her tiny dancer self up close and personal. But she did SO well all by herself last Saturday, and I still creepily watched through the glass door. ;) Here's a blurry picture of her holding hands with some of the other dancers. Be still my heart.



[TWO] We've been going through a bit of a nap-strike phase around here, and it's rough. C has always been a good sleeper and this is throwing me for a loop. I'd like to hang on to naps for quite a bit longer for several reasons: 1. She's just over 2, and I don't feel like that's old enough to give up on naps yet. She's constantly on the move and she needs that mid-day rest! 2. Since I work from home, her nap time (usually about 2 hours) has always been important for me to squeeze some uninterrupted work time in. I think this is just a phase and my gut tells me to just keep being consistent, so that's what I've been doing. Anyone else go through this around age 2?

[THREE] We toured a preschool yesterday. PRESCHOOL! What?!?!?! Considering C won't be attending until this fall, it seems crazy early, but apparently you have to start the whole process early to get your pick. This parenting stuff, I tell you - crazy sometimes. We went with my girlfriend (whose daughter is C's BFF) and all toured together and the girls had a BLAST. It put my mind at ease and got me excited for fall. And the thought of a little, tiny backpack - I can. not.

[FOUR] I received the "Mother's Line a Day" book for Christmas and have really loved it. Do any of you have it? It's very simple, but sort of genius: it has a few lines for each day (for five years) where you can write a memory, thought, or something sweet/hilarious your kid said. I love this concept, because the thought of filling a complicated baby book or journal is just not in the cards right now, but it allows me to still hold onto the most important memories from each day. You can find it here

[FIVE] I'll leave you with these two. C crawled up next to Layla and snuggled into her, pet her, saying "awww ee-la, i mish you. good guwl, ee-la." I love them.










No comments:

Post a Comment