Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

SNOW!

Yes, just another snow post! 

This weekend our existing plans went out the window (I was bummed to have to reschedule one of my best friend's birthday dinners, as well as an annual mother/daughter tea with my mom and her friends/their daughters) as we watched inches, and eventually feet, of snow fall! I am so not a winter person, I'll admit it. But there's not much to do about the weather, so we bundled up, rented movies, made hot cocoa, and made the most of it! ;)

Friday I snuck out before the storm because I realized I had exactly ONE diaper left for C (mom of the year!), so we headed to Target in the morning. Ohhh Target. The place I go for a box of diapers and leave with no less than three toddler outfits and a bunch of crap treasures from the dollar spot. Maybe it was the impending snow and my need to think Spring, but I couldn't resist scooping up these summery outfits for C!


I mean, I would probably wear that dress on the left and the romper on the right and proooobably the bathing suit too. Another gem I found was in the dollar section: super cute (non-food, although I'll probably sneak a few Hershey Kisses into each bag) valentines for kids -- tiny heart slinkies with little tags to go along with them! I picked up two backs of heart-print bags to tuck them in and called it a valentine win at $5 total for 16 unique valentines.



Saturday we woke up to lots of snow, which called for a yummy breakfast: french toast with fresh fruit and cinnamon sugar, and of course some iced coffee. Later in the afternoon Steve went out to shovel so I dressed C (seriously the most exhausting thing ever, getting a toddler ready to go out in the snow!) and we headed outside with him. We only lasted for about 20 minutes -- the wind was crazy! C seemed to be enjoying making snow balls and snow angels until a strong gust of wind blew a pile of snow into her face, at which point she calmly stated "otay, i all done," turned on her heel and beelined for the house. I almost died. Girlfriend knows when she's had enough (kind of like her mom!)! 




On Sunday we headed outside again and this time spent an hour outside playing! You can tell from the photos just how deep the snow is. We wrapped up the weekend with a homemade dinner and some Orange is the New Black (I know, I'm so behind the times). It ended up to be a relaxing weekend. 



Now to tackle the week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment