Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy {Belated} Momma's Day!

I just love Mother's Day. 

It allows me (and everyone else) the opportunity to take an entire day to really celebrate the woman who you quietly celebrate every day. And, I know I'm a little biased, but my mother is beyond deserving of this celebration. She truly is the best. 

When I was six, my dad passed away. My mom raised my older brother and I by herself (of course, she had the help of family and friends, but no partner) - and if I do say so, I think we turned out pretty damn great. I have always looked up to her, and admired her quiet grace, endless kindness, and unbelievable strength. She is my best friend:

Here she is on the day of my wedding.

My husband and I spent the afternoon with both of our moms (I'm also blessed to have a fabulous mother-in-law). We took them to lunch, then had tea and talked for a long time. I was able to see my aunt and my grandmother, too. What a great day!

So, I hope all of you momma's out there enjoyed your day. You deserve it!

xo, Jen

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a wonderful Mom ! Glad she was there for you during everything! Sounds like you have a wonderful family ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thanks girl! Can't underestimate the value of family! :) Hope you had a great weekend!!

      Delete